- Serves: 4 people
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Dish Category: Main Course
Enterprising cooks in Delhi created Butter Chicken by mixing leftover Tandoori Chicken marinate with fresh tomato purée, butter and ground almonds, resulted in a delectable tangy, sweet sauce which forms a base for a truly global dish.
- 1 cup/200g boneless chicken breast cut into 1" chunks
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- Entire packet of Suhana Butter Chicken Mix (50g)
- ½ cup/100ml milk
- 4tbsp/60g butter
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup/150g fresh tomato purée
- 1 cup/200ml water
- Marinate chicken with ginger-garlic paste for 15-20 minutes. Sauté chicken in 2 tbsp butter for 12-15 minutes and keep aside.
- Make a paste of Suhana Butter Chicken Mix with milk.
- Heat oil in a pan, add tomato purée and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the prepared paste and cook for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add sautéed chicken and water. Simmer on a low flame for 5-6 minutes until the gravy thickens and garnish with remaining butter.
Serve piping hot with rice or Indian breads such as parathas or naans.