- Serves: 4 people
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Dish Category: Main Course
Palak Paneer, an Indian vegetarian delight, unites the goodness of spinach (palak) and richness of cottage cheese (paneer). An onion based gravy, flavoured with garlic, green chilli and cumin, it is a treat for the senses!
- 2 cups/400g spinach (saag) purée
- 1 cup/200g paneer, cut into 1”cubes
- ¾ cup/100g fresh tomato purée
- 1 medium/80g onion, chopped
- Entire packet of Suhana Saag Paneer Mix (50g)
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1 cup/200ml water
- for garnishing: 1 tbsp fresh cream
- Make a paste of Suhana Saag Paneer Mix with 100ml water.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add tomato purée and cook for 4-5 minutes or till oil oozes out.
- Add paste and cook for 1-2 minutes on low flame.
- Add saag purée and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add remaining water, paneer and cook till gravy thickens.
Garnish with fresh cream. Serve piping hot with rice or Indian breads such as parathas or naans.